How to install AC for rented office?

Hi, I am renting a 1500 sq ft. 1906 office with 20 ft. ceilings. I cannot make holes in the walls or ceilings, and the neighborhood does not allow for leaving the doors open all day. We are in temperate Nor Cal, but by afternoon it's too hot to think. Any clever ideas how to do portable AC? PS ~ tried swamp cooler, just made it muggy. : (

• Mogie Mogie on Jun 12, 2018
    Put portable units in the windows. Put a fan in the window to draw cool morning air in and close up the place when the temp starts rising. Do you have curtains or better yet shutters to close so the hot afternoon air doesn't come in?

• Ann15330867 Ann15330867 on Jun 13, 2018
      Reply to Mog30239221...Thank you! The office is long and narrow and a window unit isn't strong enough to cool 7/8th of the space.

• Joyce Peach Joyce Peach on Jun 13, 2018
    They have portable airconditions that can be vented out a window. My Sister in law had one and said it cooled really good. Just go on line and check them out.