Humidifier not working.

+3
I purchased a humidifier last year from Walgreens. I only use filtered water in it. 9 times out of 10 it does not work at all. But that 10th time, it works fine. Does anybody have any advice? Can I fix it or should I pitch it? Any help would be truly appreciated.

• What brand did you purchase? I bought a humidifier a couple years back at a store going out of business sale and I use it in my bedroom when it is extremely dry. I have had good luck with it, but it is nothing fancy, add distilled water, turn on and let it go. I clean it with vinegar. Maybe we can figure out why it doesn't work so that you did not waste your money.

• FL FL on Dec 29, 2017
    Why don't you contact the manufacturer? Most companies can be found online these days and many offer online contact. Have the model number
    on hand, plus your receipt if you have it. A year may not qualify you for a refund from Walgreens, but why not ask anyway? Then ask the manufacturer what they can do for you: replace, repair, refund or advice.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 29, 2017
    You could have a little build up going on that loosens once in a while. Naomie's suggestion of cleaning it with vinegar may be a good start.

• Yvonne Kolanda Yvonne Kolanda on Dec 30, 2017
    did you check the filters, and the connections. sometimes if the drip catch pan isnt seated properly that will cause it not to work as well

• Jeanette S Jeanette S on Dec 30, 2017
    I would google the manufacturer and see if they have a Q&A section and if not, contact them for some help.

• No17446715 No17446715 on Dec 30, 2017
    Take some of the water out of it. If you try to fill them to the brim, they don't work. I had to prove this point to a man who argues about everything when he was trying to get his mom's new humidifier to work. His reply,"Well that makes no sense." I prove my point and reply, "Just for you, it doesn't have to."