How do I remove a radiator without loosing the heat for the winter?

I have 3 windows, 2 are separated with a radiator in between them and the other window has a radiator under it... thought about making the radiator a fake fire place with a bookcase above it but I love the southern light I get from those two windows and would like to place my bed in between them... any ideas.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Jan 29, 2019

If you radiator is working, what are you going to substitute for the radiator to get heat from? And where are you going to place it in your room? How are you going to re-plumb the house to move your heat source?

• Sal3170064 Sal3170064 on Jan 29, 2019

Could you build a continuous radiator cover to incorporate both radiators and windows. Then have short curtains. And position your bed Infront of the radiator cover in the middle.

This radiator cover will mean you can center the bed, and use the shelf instead of bedside tables and headboard.

You can even add more shelves above and Infront of the other window if there is space.

• Sandy Rolon Sandy Rolon on Jan 29, 2019

At first, thought about creating a fake fireplace over the radiator and either bench seating or shelves above it but measuring the room, it takes too much space away from the room. Maybe convert radiator to baseboard heating instead in that area to remove the bulkiness of the radiator because I still have another radiator in the room under another window, what do you think? Will baseboard provide equal or sufficient heating?