What part do I need for my inside thermoststat to go from air to heat?

+2
central heat/air unit comes on but no cool air. You can't make it kick on outside because it won't change from the heat mode.

• Did you flip the switch from heat to cool or ac? A basic thermostat will have 3 settings: cool - off - heat. What make and model do you have? We can troubleshoot from there.

• Harris S. Harris S. on Jun 30, 2018
    Replace the thermostat. There should be a heat setting and a cool setting.

• Joanne lueke Joanne lueke on Jun 30, 2018
    Is there a little door on your thermostat that either flips up or down or opens on the side? Ours is an older thermostat which has a flip up door and the controls for changing from heat to cool are inside that door. Last year during the hottest day of the year our a/c suddenly started blowing hot air. We shut it off and called an A/C guy who got here 90 minutes later, we turned it back on and cold air came out. He told us there is a sensor inside the unit that will shut it down when the unit has to work too hard, and when it cools down it will start working again. It has run perfectly ever since.

• Dfm Dfm on Jun 30, 2018
    you may need to ad Freon it’s the gas that makes it cold. Depending on age and use it may leak out. My dad was a mechanic so he did the refilling himself.

• Laura Cooper Laura Cooper on Jun 30, 2018
    I work in HVAC and this doesn't sound like a Thermostat issue. I can't imagine that you would have a heat only t-stat in a house with an ac. Please send me a pic of your t-stat or the make/model and I will check. Also check the breaker in your electrical panel. It may be kicked.