How do I stop my freezer shelves from falling?

+7
The shelves pop in to holes in the Freezer walls. But they do not stay in place. Even with nothing on the shelves. It seems like they don’t fit. Not wide enough shelves That came with the freezer.

• Connie Connie on Dec 31, 2017
    I bet it is a GE. Ours did the same thing, serviceman said it can't be remedied. Threw it out after nine years and got a Samsung which I love

• Terri Terri on Dec 31, 2017
    Have you tried inserting a wooden dowel in the holes and balancing the shelves on that? I’ve done that with book shelves when the plastic shelf holders have broken. Not sure it will work but might be worth a try.

• Vanessa Chratian Vanessa Chratian on Dec 31, 2017
    I have a lousy GE stainless steel front refrigerator also. My shelves in the freezer kept falling and I was grinding my teeth to powder. Finally my husband found some sturdy plastic panels that were bout 1/2 an inch thick. He measured the openings of the shelves and made a template and cut the plastic to fit. He has a saw that easily cuts through materials like this. Anyway, hope this helps...both of us

• Shoshana Shoshana on Jan 01, 2018
    If they are too small, maybe create new shelves for yourself. measure the width and cut some plexiglass to the right size.

• Kim Kim on Jan 01, 2018
      Never thought to make new shelves. Thanks!

• Sam Bradley Sam Bradley on Jan 01, 2018
    I have these kind of shelves in my RV. There is a little plastic spring clip that attaches to one side of the shelf to keep both sides pushed in. You might try going to an RV store and ask for these "spring" clips.

• Kim Kim on Jan 01, 2018
      I will definitely look at the RV store in my town. Thanks!