How do you repair a gold sink that is wearing away.

+6
I tried Rub n Buff but I think I made it worse. Someone told me it had to be baked?

q how do you repair a gold sink that is wearing away
  • Ton27204644 Ton27204644 on Dec 31, 2017
    bar keepers cleaner

• V Smith V Smith on Dec 31, 2017
    It looks like you have a copper sink that was plated or anodized. If that is the case, some of the surface has worn away and you cannot replace it with paint or cleaners. To bring it back to gold it would have to be re-plated or re-anodized.

• See 1 previous
    • V Smith V Smith on Jan 01, 2018
      You have to find a company that treats metal. If you know of a small machine shop in your area they would be able to steer you in the right direction. The sink will have to leave your house. Usually the process involves large tanks of liquid chemicals and an electrical charge. It may be expensive so you will need to consider how much this gold sink is worth to you. It may be less expensive to replace it.

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 01, 2018
    You should put a protective glaze over it

• Josieburns7 Josieburns7 on Jan 01, 2018
      Yes. I should have done it before I knew it would wear away. Thank you for letting me know.

• Ton27204644 Ton27204644 on Jan 01, 2018
    call the manufacturer...

I have no idea who that would be..