How to stabilize laundy tub?

My basement floor is very uneven and the laundry tub was hooked up, by a friend, with many pieces of ceramic tile under the feet to level it. The tiles have all broken now and I need to figure out a better way. I'm not terribly handy so I could use some easy-to-do suggestions. Thanks!

• R Walter R Walter on Jan 26, 2019

Possibly build a pedestal out of 2X4's that have been cut to the angle of the floor (scribe the floor on the 2X4 then cut with a circular or jig saw to that line) then reinforce the base with diagonal 2X4's cut to that angle and top with a 3/4 inch sheet of plywood. anything you put under just the feet will vibrate out so you need a firm base for it to sit on. Have you tried adjusting the feet on the washer or is the floor so uneven that the feet won't extend far enough. You might also be able to just measure the distance from the bottom of the foot to the floor with the washer sitting level and build a small frame for the foot or feet to sit in.

• Sharon Sharon on Jan 26, 2019

Thank you. It's actually the laundry tub (sink), not the washer so at least there's no vibration. The floor is so uneven there's no way to adjust the legs enough. I think I need something to shim the legs but each one has a different gap.

• Beth Beth on Jan 27, 2019

Sharon, you do need the tub to slant towards the drain, so you don't want it actually level.

I would get a board to go under the front legs, and shim under the board until you get it how you want it. Break off the front of the shims when you have it right.