What can I do if I can't find a stove hood that is the right size?


where can i buy a new stove hood or a good used one .Unfortunetly that dont make this size anymore .i have 2 cabinets on either side .The house was build in 1953.the size is eithe 27 28 .i have a glass top range stainless steell

  5 answers
  • Check with your local home improvement store, Overstock, or Amazon.

  • Zard Pocleeb Zard Pocleeb on Oct 21, 2019

    If you can’t find one of the proper size buy one as close to the proper size as you can. Measure to see how much wider the opening is compared to the range hood. Divide that number by two, and that gives you the gap size on either side. Allow 1/16” - 1/8” on each side for a little play. Get a piece of wood (not plywood) of this thickness, height, and width you will need to fill the gap on either side. Stain the wood pieces a color as close to the color of the cabinets as you can get. Remember that you can mix stains to get the color you want. Put on a topcoat. Screw the pieces to the cabinets and install the hood.

  • If you have a Habitat Re Store, check them out too. Google or flip through the yellow pages for used kitchen appliances. If you get totally stuck, seek out a metal fabricator, you can have one custom made.

  • J Brown J Brown on Oct 21, 2019


    I think you're saying you have only a 27-28 inch space and the standard width is 30". If this is correct you will probably need to take the standard product/hood to a fabricator to be resized smaller.

  • Rymea Rymea on Oct 22, 2019

    You may have to build it. There is always lots of information online. Search "How to build a range hood"