What to do with a leaky dishwasher that we don't use?

+2
When we bought our house the dishwasher looked like it had never been used and it is not practical for the three of us to use it. How can I get rid of it and cover the opening once it is removed?

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 28, 2017
    I tore mine out cause I never use a dishwasher, and I built in another cabinet where it had been. Just build a frame out of 2x2s finish the floor if needed, and add a couple kitchen cabinet doors from Habitat for Humanity Restore. I added a shelf to mine too, I wanted a cabinet to store my gallon sized bottles.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 29, 2017
    Check with your city to see where you can take the dishwasher. Our city takes the used appliances at their recycle center, but charges you for them. If it works, there may be used appliance stores that you can take them to and they will resell them.

• ROSE ROSE on Dec 29, 2017
    Donate it to charity, If it needs any work, They will fix it. The charity should come get it. Once it is out. Get a nice cabinet and put in its place.

• V Smith V Smith on Dec 29, 2017
    I would venture to guess that you can get a ready made 24" cabinet to slide into the new opening. Who wouldn't like having 3 more drawers in their kitchen?

• Lee Lee on Dec 29, 2017
    Up