Wheel on rack in dishwasher keeps falling off

+5
  • Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Dec 18, 2017
    Check online for the brand you own and purchase a new rack.

• Susan Massey Susan Massey on Dec 18, 2017
    There is a little clippie thing that goes at the end of the bar where your wheel is. It may have fallen off, look in the dishwasher. Look at the other bar where the wheel doesn't fall of to see what I'm talking about, just pull the rack all the way out and you'll see it.

• Snapoutofit Snapoutofit on Dec 18, 2017
    I think you can get replacements. They are probably old and dried out.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Dec 19, 2017
    Sounds like it may be time to replace the dishwasher wheels.

• Peter Peter on Dec 19, 2017
    There are many ways these are fastened.... My "clippie things" were 'repaired' (replaced, actually) by using Stainless Steel screws... but your machine may not be adaptable. EMPHASIS on STAINLESS!

• B'Ahava Designs B'Ahava Designs on Dec 19, 2017
    it’s a shame that the small things break on dishwashers.

• Tom Stuart Tom Stuart on Dec 19, 2017
    I had the same problem and got a new snap-on wheel assembly from a local appliance parts store. The make and model of your dishwasher should be on a number plate on the inside of the machine. Do an internet search for parts for that model. You might have to order the part on line if you don’t have a local store.
    if you want to try and repair it yourself then Peter’s suggestion of a stainless steel machine screw (nut and bolt) will possibly work.