A seam in the drywall on my ceiling has cracked open

+2
A drywall professional has suggested we put some sort of board on the crack,which is located in the opening of the hallway from my livingroom. need suggestions on what to do so that the strip of wood doesn’t look out of place on the ceiling

• Heje Heje on Jul 02, 2018
    This could be a fun decorating theme of using the board to cover the crack and then continue down the hallway with board spaced so many feet apart. The could be stained or painted a contrasting color or done to match the woodwork already there.

• Sharon Sharon on Jul 02, 2018
    Why? is there no support under the dry wall seam? if need be I would rescrew the drywall down if its become detached, and then remove old tape and retape with mesh, mud, sand, prime and paint.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk6EvKpiG7U&t=59s

• Janice Janice on Jul 02, 2018
    I would trust your professional's advice and do the board and then add some other ones in some type of design that will add interest to your ceiling. Paint it all the same to keep the ceiling airy.

• William William on Jul 02, 2018
    I would trust the pro also. Don't know how wide the crack is. You can get some thin wood in the molding aisle of honecenters and glue/nail it to cover the crack. They have thin stock as thin as 1/8" thick. Then just paint same color as the ceiling.

• Lec2138604 Lec2138604 on Jul 02, 2018
      thank you for your suggestion sounds like that could solve my problem