Are prefab home insulated as well as stick build homes?

+2
Look for reputal pre fab home builder in northern Massachusetts.
we are looking to build there.
  • A A on May 25, 2017
    Many are under the assumption that stick built homes are of higher quality on all levels. This is simply not true. Just as all stick built homes vary in workmanship, prefabs will also vary depending on the level of customization you are willing to pay for. One advantage that prefabs have is that they are built in controlled environments that are not disturbed by the weather. The level of insulation is something that should be discussed with the builder of either type of home because there is not a pat answer that applies to every situation.

• Madilyn Madilyn on May 25, 2017
    It might be irrelevant if the city or town you plan to live in doesn't allow prefabs. Check with local building codes before you get any deeper. Some prefabs can be modified at the time of build to meet certain codes. This might be a good option. Also, I think you need to consider the kind of foundation the prefab is on before you can compare. I would take a prefab on a basement before a stick built on a slab any day.

• Sandra Allen Sandra Allen on May 25, 2017
    I can't seem to find a definitive answer for you in google. But I do know that they are insulated well. Current codes make it so they are bound by strict state and federal laws.

As for trying to find a reputable home builder, I would see what others who have built there have to say. Word of mouth and referrals are the best way to go. Then, check that company or those companies for any better business bureau for any complaints, suits or anything bad said. You will be able to weed out the bad the find the best one you can. I hope that helps.

• William William on May 25, 2017
    I agree with A. Most prefab homes are insulated better than stick built homes and built better. Many prefab builders go above and beyond standard building codes. They can can build a prefab quicker than a stick built because everything and everyone is on site. They don't have to worry about architects, drawing up blueprints, contractors, sub contractors, and of course the weather. OH by the way! They are legal in all fifty states.