How do I hide cracks in a ceiling?

+2

• Otto Gruber Otto Gruber on Dec 30, 2018

You could get a tube of clear chalk put it on your finger and lightly push it in the crack then wipe the excess with a rag make sure it's clean then paint over it after it dries and keep wiping your finger after each pass

• Keshia Keshia on Dec 30, 2018

sand and spackle then prime and paint

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Dec 30, 2018

What's causing cracks? How big are They? Ceiling smooth or textured?

• Kim C Kim C on Dec 31, 2018

Use spackle to fill them. On ceilings and small cracks a damp smooth rag wiped over the patches will be enough. Then Paint with FLAT White Paint.

• Mary Dodge Mary Dodge on Dec 31, 2018

I have a 1940s house. The cracks in the plaster ceiling formed over the years from "settling". The cracks were uneven, so I had to carefully cut away the parts that stuck out the most, creating a v-shape. After dusting out loose debris I was able to smooth in patching plaster. If your crease is deep you need to let it dry and put on another layer or two. Once it is thoroughly dry use a sanding sponge to smooth any rough or uneven spots. Wipe it clean. Damp wipe it clean. You are ready to paint!