Heat loss in my home- what can I do?

+2
  • Dfm Dfm on Jan 08, 2018
    quite a bit from this house. If you utility co has a power outage and you loose heat, make a candel lantern. Up cycle a tin can. Vent holes at the bottom to feed the candel air. The tin will absorb the heat and act as a rad.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jan 08, 2018
    Hi Lmoy, are you talking about heat loss through the walls, from the windows or from around the doors? If it's through the windows, you can put plastic over the windows, from the inside, to keep some of the cold out. You can also make sure you have heavy curtains that completely cover the windows, just for a bit of insulation. If it's around the doors, you can by insulation for that as well. Attach it to the edge of the door to stop the cold from coming inside. As far as the walls, you can insulate things like your electrical plugs and switches so that they let in less cold air. The walls them selves will need some kind or insulation. Wishing you the best.

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Jan 08, 2018
    Lmoy, would you please give us more information so we can help you? I don't know what the problem/issue is from just "heat loss". :)

• Gail Gail on Jan 09, 2018
    Heat rises to ceiling area. It will feel like heat loos to the body & skin. If you don't have ceiling fans in each of your rooms, installing them would help to bring the heat back down to lower areas of the rooms.

I don't know if this will help or not, but I hope it will.