How do I cover my wall in the bedroom as painter has done poor job.

+2
color of the wall is light magenta Please suggest solution which is cheap and easy to do. I am 62 years old female

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Dec 29, 2017
    Have you talked to the painter to see if he will fix his poor job

• Robyn Garner Robyn Garner on Dec 29, 2017
    If you hired the painter, call him back in to fix it! What is the issue?

• Julie Froman Mascilli Julie Froman Mascilli on Dec 29, 2017
    If you don't like the color then get some tinted Kilz from the hardware store and repaint it.

• Kim Kim on Dec 29, 2017
    Is it the paint color or the paint job you don’t like?
    If it’s the paint color, a good coat of stain blocking primer tinted the color you want to make your room will help. Once you have the room primed you should be able to paint with no problem.

If it is the paint job, your first course of action would be to contact the painter. If the painter is a friend or an unlicensed worker, I would redo the room myself or hire someone else. Make sure to check for license, and bonding/insurance and get references before hiring someone.

The fact that you are female and 62 doesn't make you unable to paint. You know yourself better than anyone else so you need to make that decision. To paint a room, move all items to center of room and cover with an old sheet. Cover your floor with plastic. Remove all window coverings (you can tape paper on glass for privacy if you need) and all switch plates and outlet covers. Put some blue painters tape over outlets and switches (without touching the wall).
    Wash walls and trim down with TSP (you may want rubber gloves) and a lint free rag.Tape all edges but when you paint, try not to get any on the tape. Use a brush to prime all the edges and fill in large areas with a roller. Once dry, see if color is peeking through. If so do a second coat of primer. (I always do two coats just to be sure)
    Then paint the same way.
    😊