How do I repair walls?

+2

How can I repair a wall that had a rug glued to it? I removed rug and wall is a mess. P s. Rug was on wall when I bought home

• Gk Gk on Jan 05, 2019

Hello Peg! Yikes...a rug glued to the wall! Are you able to sand the drywall to get off any glue? Can you repair any gouges with drywall mud and sanding? Is it a large area or small? Can you replace even part of the drywall? Maybe a picture of the damage would help. Can you post one?

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Jan 05, 2019

Peg...Is it a dry wall...lots of sanding ...may just need to replace that section!

• Seth Seth on Jan 05, 2019

Peg,

How high up is the damage? If you plan on installing baseboard, you just need to even out the surface since it will be covered. Scrape off any glue or use a heat gun to remove it. Patch and sand if you need to. It does not have to look pretty.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Jan 05, 2019

Hello disguised inconspicuous drywall repair is tricky, difficult so replacement of the drywall might be suggested.

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Jan 05, 2019

WE need to know what wall is made of drywall,wood,brick,block,plaster?? Dry wall? Cut out section and replace here's bunch of videos how https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=DIY+repair+drywall+section