Have leaking at the intersections of wall and slab, any advice?

During heavier rain we have leaking in our room at the bottom of the wall. We've tried a French drain, changing the grade of the backyard, and adding more dirt there. What else can we do?
  4 answers
  • William William on May 30, 2017
    You may need to call the pros. It may involve excavating on the outside below grade and waterproof the foundation walls.

  • Shoshana Shoshana on May 30, 2017
    I think William may be right. If it's a foundation issue or a cracked drain that may be a job for a pro.

  • Helen Helen on Jun 05, 2017
    Antela, I saw this on HGTV - The Brothers Program... They're always fixing
    stuff in older homes.

  • Sharon Sharon on Jun 06, 2017
    Where do the gutters drain? can you add an extension to direct the water away from the house? or put the downspout in a different location to redirect the water past that point?