Can I use stick on tile/flooring over "old, old" wall paper?

+3
I have "old" wallpaper in my kitchen where I would LOVE to install stick on tile/flooring for a backsplash. If I can't get all the wallpaper off, could I still install the peel & stick tile/flooring on the wall? Some of it is only help by thumb tacks or small nails but in some places it is glued. I plant to try to get it off. It is not a very big space so I think it will come off but if not could I add extra spray adhesive to the wall with the stick on tile/flooring?

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 04, 2017
    If the wall paper is not firmly attached to the wall.. then whatever you put over it will not hold either... kind of like installing floor tile over a carpet...You could use decorative upholstery nails to hold the peel and stick tile to the wall... It would be better for you to take the time to remove the wall paper before you install any thing else in its place.

• Joseph Joseph on Dec 04, 2017
    You an use a heat gun and aspat

• Joseph Joseph on Dec 04, 2017
    *can

• Kathy Morton Kathy Morton on Dec 04, 2017
    yes if the wallpaper is secured and NO paper is loose

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Dec 04, 2017
    Take the paper off and start clean for a professional look.

• Lisa S. Lisa S. on Dec 04, 2017
    The wall paper MUST be removed.