What can I do to cover up holes

+5
This is entrance from my garage to my home and i want to do something to cover up and paint what can I do here? Please excuse mess just had my ac install and they left a mess
q what can i do to cover up holes
  • AmAtHome AmAtHome on Jun 30, 2018

Clean the area with TSP. I would caulk the gap between the molding and step, then paint the step.

• Terri T Terri T on Jun 30, 2018
    i would fill with tube concrete or caulking.

• Rob32328534 Rob32328534 on Jun 30, 2018
    Hi Suzette - Cement or concrete patch sold at Home Depot or Lowe's ( they sell it in containers already mixed)and then some concrete stain or paint should fix it.

• 27524803 27524803 on Jun 30, 2018
    A small platform or wide step might be what would work best here.... use redwood or pressure treated wood. and anchor into the concrete.

• Kelly-n-Tony Kelly-n-Tony on Jun 30, 2018
    Caulk it for sure but if you paint it you will have to keep doing it so keep that in mind.

• M.H. M.H. on Jun 30, 2018
    Possibly sand it down and then caulk the holes. Then you could paint it. Hope this helps.

• William William on Jun 30, 2018

You will need to fill the gaps before you caulk or you end up using too much and it won't seal properly. You can pack some foam rod or aluminum foil into the gap just below the surface. Then you can caulk.

• Suzette Suzette on Jul 01, 2018
    Thank you so much