What is the best way to water seal a basement that has been painted?

+2
There has been a leak and now there is mold and mildew.
q what is the best way to water seal a basement that has been painted
  • Rae Rae on Jun 25, 2018
    Wow does this look familiar! I just redid my washroom where this was a constant problem. I used a product that I bought at a home improvement store. It is a pain and a lot of work to do but well worth it. It is a waterproofing product that has a lot of sand in it and dries like a concrete. sorry I can't give you a name but if you talk to an associate at the store I am sure they will know what you are looking for. I applied it with a huge brush after I had cleaned the wall with bleach to rid the wall of mold. I have also read that peppermint oil applied on the wall will stop the spread of mold. Whether that works I have no idea. I run a dehumidifier in the summer which helps.

• Barbb Barbb on Jun 25, 2018
      Thank you so much for your help. Time to get to work lol.

• Rae Rae on Jun 25, 2018
    My shoulders and arms ached for a couple days after this process. You think you can't paint it on but is just so thick I used a heavy brush to just kind of slather it on.

• William William on Jul 14, 2018

Has the leak been repaired or solved?! As long as a leak is still present nothing much can be done.

• Sandy Chance Sandy Chance on Jul 15, 2018
    Get a product called Drylock. Be sure to get as much ventilation as possible