Can I safely bring in a flat screen tv?

It's been sitting in a cold RV in freezing weather. It's not my tv I was asked to clean it up and get everything out of it

• M. M.. M. M.. on Jan 07, 2018
    I'd think you could bring it inside, set in on the floor and allow it to come to room temperature, it should be fine. You just don't want it to get wet.

• See 1 previous
    • M. M.. M. M.. on Jan 14, 2018
      I would think it would only be a concern if you keep your house hotter than 90F...it's not always the temperature but the 'shock' of going quickly from low to high. if you're still concerned, then wrap a blanket around it before you bring it in. Let it sit a night covered, then loosen the blanket,let it sit covered half day, check it with your hand and uncover. This slower warm up should prevent the thermal shock. Brrr- that sounds cold - I have some family living where it regularly gets to -30, now that's WAY too cold for me, haha!

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 07, 2018
    If you have an isolate spot, I would lay in on a blanket or something flat on a table or the floor, or a spare bed to warm up, then wait a while incase it may be a little damp inside before you plug it in to see if it still works. Hopefully it is ok, some electronics are funny about what they will take.

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Jan 07, 2018
    This should answer any questions you have: http://greatdaymoving.com/moving-tvs-in-cold-weather/