How hard is it to replace a dining room light fixture?

+2
The metal piece that the bulbs screw into has come out and I am afraid to try to put a bulb in as I think this is important.
q how hard is it to replace a dining room light fixture
This is the piece that came out with what we thought was a blown bulb.
This is the underside of the light.
This is the fixture I want to replace. 20 yrs old.
  • Dysko7710 Dysko7710 on Jan 02, 2018
    I want to change mine soon, also, or take it down and paint it at least, I like this article from Lowe's that walks you through how to change out a dining room light fixture:

• V Smith V Smith on Jan 02, 2018
    It is not a hard thing to do, but it is an awkward task because you are on a ladder working over your head. It is better with 2 people so the one off the ladder can hold the fixture while the one on the ladder removes the old connection or makes the new connection. You may have a problem isolating the circuit if your fixture doesn't have a working bulb and you must isolate the circuit before you do anything. If you are a gal doing this on your own this would be the time to ask for help. There are devices that can help you determine if your fixture is hot, but without actually seeing what you have I cannot advise on that.

• Rembatb Rembatb on Jan 02, 2018
    Depends on ceiling height / and size and type of fixture. Two people recommended. All new lamps should come with instructions. The electrics are simple, just make sure to turn off main for that room. You can always consult someone at Lowe's or Home Depot to clear up any questions.

• William William on Jan 02, 2018
    More videos if you click on the link.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 02, 2018
    Do call in an Electrician as this could be dangerous for you to do.