Is there a generator that can be started by an older woman?

+3
I need one with an electric start or one with an adapter you can use a drill to start it, that I can put in the back of my mule to us my 2 electric chainsaws to be used in the woods & fields around my 80 acre farm. I'm a young 75 woman that enjoys working my place, besides it's safer than hiring someone that doesn't like to take orders from a woman. Hope you can help me, please.

• Cindy Cindy on Dec 02, 2017
    I did a little research on this topic. I found out that you can purchase one at Home Depot, Amazon and on-line at Wal Mart (they don't sell them in the store. On line only). They do cost a little more but sound like exactly what you need. I hope this helps you. Happy Holidays.

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Dec 02, 2017
    We have a Honda and it's very easy to start...pull out the choke a little then turn the key. My brother has one too and he has a remote to start his.

• They do not like taking orders from a 5'10" (I wear heels to be even taller), 56 year old woman either. My adorable petite 77 year old girlfriend in NC is exactly the same way, you go girl! She has a Honda, probably similar to to what Tinyshoes is referring to.

• DesertRose DesertRose on Dec 02, 2017
    Some generators do come with electric starts.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 03, 2017
    Don't you love it when we are treated like we can't do anything? I am in my sixties and everyone treats me like I am 80 and can't do anything anymore. I am 5'3" and still wear size 3's and people think I can't lift or climb stools or ladders to get at things I can't reach. We buy big bags of dog food for the dogs, they always ask if they can help me get it in the car for me. I just sling it on my shoulder and say "no thank you, I can manage" and walk out of the store, heels and all to show them. I do most of the heavy lifting in the house, people don't realize that a woman is usually a lot stronger than they look. My skinny arms and legs can handle fifty pounds or more without grunting, but I am still considered a helpless woman. My daughter is shorter than me and between the two of us I think we can take on the world!