What type of place do I go to to get an outdoor electrical cord

repaired or replaced? I have a super nice outdoor spotlight. My husband ran over the cord with the lawnmower. Can't find a spotlight as nice anywhere, so would like to continue using this one. Thanks for any advice.

  6 answers
  • Dfm Dfm on Dec 02, 2017
    is the cord cut in half? If it is remove about an inch of the protective covering on each cut end. The wires in side should have a colored coating. Match the colors up twist the wire end together. Tape over with electrical tape. Lots of tape.

  • Rembatb Rembatb on Dec 02, 2017
    Department store or hardware store.

  • Cindy Cindy on Dec 02, 2017
    Hello Babytatoo, For this type of repair I would recommend that you go to your local Ace Hardware store. If you want to purchase a replacement, then I suggest that you go to Home Depot, Lowe's, or Menard's.

    • Carole Carole on Dec 02, 2017
      I only want to repair or replace the cord, the spotlights in the stores are solar or not as nice as the light I have so I want to use my light. Thanks.

  • Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Dec 02, 2017
    Ace Hardware, Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot,

  • FL FL on Dec 03, 2017
    Maybe an electrician will give you a free estimate as to how much he/she would charge to fix the cord so it is back to working. I do not think it is a big job or an expensive one, however, they may recommend simply replacing the entire cord right from the spotlight instead of mending a cut line. Easy peasy, either way!

    • Carole Carole on Dec 03, 2017
      Yes, but I was hoping to avoid paying for one to come out.

  • Cindy Cindy on Dec 03, 2017
    Hello again. I strongly urge you to take your cord to an Ace Hardware store. Unlike the big box stores, Ace employs people who are well tutored in home maintenance. That's where I would go. Wishing you well.