Any idea about dealing with black vein lines in a porcelain sink?

I tried porcelain repair, but because they are on surface, there was no way the repair stayed on.

• Have you tried Barkeepers Friend? Can you post a photo?

• Bijous Bijous on Mar 15, 2018

If it's an antique sink, have professionally done. If it's not, there is no easy fix. You will need to grind the porcelain down to enlarge the damage, then build up the repair. Dry between applications. It will take awhile, but you should be able to build up level with existing porcelain. You will be able to see the repair. It's probably quite old and served you well. I say, retire it and get a new one.

• See 1 previous
    • Bijous Bijous on Mar 17, 2018

Check with the manufacturer. The water would have warmed up the sink as it became hot. The rep's answer doesn't add up.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Mar 15, 2018

why did you repair it?

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Mar 15, 2018

You could try hydrogen peroxide and baking soda as a paste. But if I am imagining your porcelain sink correctly, you will get more and more black lines. Maybe it’s time for porcelain painting. Hobby Lobby and the home improvement stores have the kits. Best wishes ☺️

• Jlnatty Jlnatty on Mar 15, 2018

Sounds like your porcelain finish has worn off. You can try having it reglazed, but since kitchen sinks get such heavy use and can take a beating, it probably won't last long.