How can I fix my Boston Rocker seat that has a crack?

I have a Boston Rocker with a seat that is cracked from front to back. How can I fix this or do I need to find a replacement seat?

• Ken Ken on Jan 07, 2018
    Christine, I would love to fix this rocker, but you have asked how. All you need to do is widen the crack enough to inject yellow wood glue to cover every inch of the crack. Clamp it tight (I like pipe clamps) and use a wet cloth to remove squeezed out glue. Allow to dry overnight and it will be good as new.

I picked up a wooden office chair for free because one side of the seat completely broke off taking the arm with it. Look at it today and I challenge you to find the repair. Essentially the same kind of break.

• Bob N Rose Yanok Bob N Rose Yanok on Jan 07, 2018
    You can repair the seat of this chair by using metal connectors. I don't know what the proper term is, but they are flat pieces of metal about 4-6" long with screws on each end. Just turn the chair over, and attach 3 or 4 of these to the underside, while making sure the Crack is aligned. For added strength, you might want to put some carpenters glue into the Crack and allow it to dry for 24 hours before using. This will secure the seat.