Tips for furniture repair?

my recent move caused damage to some furniture and was wondering what kind of glue would work best to repair it

  5 answers
  • Betsy Betsy on Jun 20, 2018
    Gorilla glue is really good for this. Be sure it's the type for wood. Also, E6000 is good, too. It depends a lot if the fix is going to be load bearing or not, like a chair, or just to put a piece back on that has been knocked off.

  • Girls Build Club Girls Build Club on Jun 20, 2018
    If it's wooden furniture, wood glue is great. Put some glue in the joint or place you need it, then use clamps or something to keep your piece in the right position. If wood glue squeezes out of the repair area and is visible, then wipe it off with a damp cloth or it will become permanent once it's dry. I'm not really sure what kind of repair you need to do, so that's a generic answer! Hope that helps!

  • William William on Jun 20, 2018
    Wood glue will do it. I like Titebond. They have three formulations.

  • All excellent suggestions! Who caused the damage? If it was the moving company, file a claim with them.

  • Shoshana Shoshana on Jun 21, 2018
    I'd go with a wood glue