How can I fill a shallow chip in my granite countertop?

The surface is rough and colored black it would be much less visible. Thank you

  4 answers
  • Patricia Q. Patterson Patricia Q. Patterson on Jun 22, 2018
    Talk to a granite store person but I think there is a clear poly product that can be used.

  • Laura Cooper Laura Cooper on Jun 22, 2018
    What you will need is knife grade polyester resin. It comes in a white color that can be tinted at the time of application. Sometimes you can find a black base, too. The polyester resin is two-part and uses a hardener. I have found the polyester resin, hardener and colorant on Amazon or from an online stone supplier

  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Jun 22, 2018
    You can get some help from Home Depot or Lowe's. They have repair kits, to do this. If this is only a vanity, I'd resuface it with a kit. They come in many colors and textures.

  • Jeri Williams Jeri Williams on Jun 23, 2018
    Grind up some of the granite and mix with epoxy fill it as level as you can and after it cures sand if needed and use granite sealer and polish.