How do I repair my kitchen sink? Please help!

+7
The sink is porcelain, one side of the sink is perfect and the other side it has rust, it has chipped in several places. how do I get it to look like almost brand new again ? Looking for budget friendly ideas too.

Thank you
q how do i repair my kitchen sink please help
Left side is like brand new, right side needs repair Help! I don't like to be in kitchen with the sink like this.
  • Peg Peg on Dec 08, 2017
    Try using an inhome steam cleaner with a brush attachment. I had a similar issue and it worked well for me.

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 08, 2017
    I don't if this will help your situation but I made a thick paste of baking soda and bleach, smeared it on in a thick layer and let it sit for several hours. It got rid of ground in stains that couldn't be touched by cleanser.

• Ednamae Smith Ednamae Smith on Dec 08, 2017
    there are paint products for chipped sinks. If you know the brand of your sink, check their website as there are a million whites.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 08, 2017
    Another option is to use a paste of baking soda and water. Spread it on the spots and let it sit a while. Then spray on white vinegar. It will bubble and should take off any marks, but if the sink is chipped, you may have to look at the kits to redo the finish. If you do that, it should hold up for a little while as you make a plan to replace it. There is also chip paint that might work, but I don't think that there is really anything that will fix chips so that they look brand new unless you are a professional and have experience working with these products. Wishing you the best.

• Karen Tokarse Karen Tokarse on Dec 08, 2017
    First use Barkeepers Friend. That will clean most of it. Then, run PURE CLOROX over an old rag that is over the spot and just let it sit for about an hour. That should do it.

• Judiwinterset Judiwinterset on Dec 10, 2017
      I was a professional home cleaner. And I always used Bar Keepers Friend, it is awesome.  Using the Clorox might work eventually but first ....put the stopper in the drain and put red cider vinegar in sink enough to cover stains about an inch, and let it soak over night. It's not as toxic as the Clorox, and vinegar works so well on many cleaning projects.

• Ivette Ivette on Dec 08, 2017
    I have tried that. It does clean it, but how about the rust, how do I fix it?

• Teenie Teenie on Dec 11, 2017
    Homax tub & tile repair...Lowes, home depot, walmart...less than 50 bucks.