How do you fix a broken corner on pressed wood furniture

Linda Battles
by Linda Battles
  4 answers
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Aug 26, 2017


  • Kim Kim on Aug 26, 2017

    If you can get ahold of some saw dust (maybe make some by cutting up an old unused board lying around) (Do not cut up tree branches!)

    Mix sawdust with wood glue to make a thick paste. Apply to cleaned and dry chipped area making sure to clean any extra with a damp cloth. Smooth to the profile of your table top. Color with wood furniture repair markers to match finish as close as possible.

    : )

  • Gary B Gary B on Aug 26, 2017

    If you don't want it sharp pointed, then I would take a belt sander, can be rented, with 120 grit and round off the corner and get some Oak Iron-no Seam tape from a cabinet supply store and stain to match. If you want it square then you'll have to build it out with something. I would recommend Bondo brand wood filler but first drill some holes in the edge to help with bonding. Block sand and leave it a little low to accommodate the color filler and it Then to make it match, use color crayons, melt and match the grain. Some color sticks can be found at your local paint store

  • Dmx29175286 Dmx29175286 on Aug 26, 2017

    you can buy a dark wood putty to apply with a plastic putty knife, let it dry and use low grade sandpaper to smoothe and then varnish that area