How do you repair worn stain around cherry kitchen cabinet knobs ?

by Ari28542670
  6 answers
  • C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Sep 09, 2017

    Take them off and bring them to the local home improvement store to find a matching stain. Sand lightly and wipe down . Restain and put them back in .

  • C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Sep 09, 2017

    Please disregard previous answer . I thought you were speaking of the knobs, and it won't let me edit my response . That being said . Take a picture of the door to the store and do the same thing . I don't think you can do just a section of the door . I think you'll do the entire thing .

  • Sharon Whitehead Sharon Whitehead on Sep 09, 2017

    clean and then use old english dark scrath cover.

  • Rose Broadway Rose Broadway on Sep 09, 2017

    Take Sharon's advice! I keep a bottle of the light color and a bottle of the dark Old English. You can do miracles with it. Sometimes I mix the two colors.

  • Carl P Schnibbe Carl P Schnibbe on Sep 11, 2017

    You can probably use a Minwax stain remover to remove the stain from the the whole door and restain it with a Cherry Minwax stain and then use several coats of clear lacquer which should protect it from future wearing around the knobs !!

  • Dorothy Dorothy on Sep 12, 2017

    Absolutely Old English!! I have done this for years, most recently on a beat up antique table -- looks SO much better........and EASY.