How to fix a drawer that will not stay in drawer slot, falls down?

• Dfm Dfm on Jul 04, 2018
    You need to replace the glides that the drawer sits on. Pull the drawer out. Look on each side of where the drawer should sit, depending on age it may be just a wooden board, or if newer it will have metal pieces. Any thing loose? Tighten it up. The other possibility is it’s in the wrong place, ie drawers got switched at some point.

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Jul 04, 2018
    Great advice! I have to say I usually have the opposite problem, where they bind. I agree that it may not be in the right "slot" since I have a desk that has drawers that all look the same, but, don't work correctly if they aren't where they belong. Move them around and give it a try.

• Sharon Sharon on Jul 04, 2018
    Not knowing what kind of drawer you have, there is usually a drawer stop that has broken or come off. There are a bunch of videos on YouTube to fix the various kinds of drawers and stops. I had to fix some cabinet drawers in a clients house and I had to order replacement plastic clips at the back. Dressers I have used some of the hacks to fix them. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+fix+a+drawer+that+falls+out