How can I fix gashes in my furniture?

how to fill in deep gashes in top of dresser? Want to paint it, wondering if regular spackle can do that and then sand and paint

  2 answers
  • Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on Oct 18, 2019

    Spackling is soft. I suggest you use a wood putty.

    • Rose Rose on Oct 18, 2019

      I thought about that. My wood putty always gets hard. I don't use it much so it gets old, and even with the cover tight, it gets hard. I was also wondering about using chalk paint, maybe even using the powder using in the chalk paint and mix it with caulk as it stick to everything.

  • Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on Oct 18, 2019

    I get it on the wood putty. Next time buy one of these:

    Powdered- mix it in tiny batches, when you need it. Keep the opened box in a zip lock baggie, just like pancake mix, lol.

    Epoxy Stick- it’s a two part epoxy in one stick- like a tootsie roll with a filling. Slice off what you want, kneed it like playdough and it can be sanded, drilled or whatever when dry.