How to fix livingroom tables.

+1
How can I fix my livingroom tables so they can look new again. I want to paint theme black oak and take the old color out.
q how to fix livingroom tables
This is one of the tables.
q how to fix livingroom tables
This is the other one. This one has more a deeper scratches. Not so deep.
  • Dysko7710 Dysko7710 on May 25, 2017
    To restain, you will have to completely sand them down and get the shiny varnish off. You can use Citristrip to get the shiny varnish off first, and then sand a lot. Then you can restain. If you don't want to go through all of that, and are willing to 'pain them' instead of 'stain them', you can use chalk paint. This requires no prep except maybe a very light sanding. But they will be painted pieces instead of wood stained pieces.

• Sharon Sharon on May 25, 2017
    Here's one that painted a Queen Anne style with black paint and I like it. I also think it would look great with a red undercoat and then the black, and distress on the edges to show off the curves of your table. ... http://paisleyandpolkadotthreads.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/queen-anne-table.html

• C.B. C.B. on May 26, 2017
    Since you are having trouble with the top of the table[s] & not the legs...& IF you want to paint it, I would recommend that you carefully sand the table tops [not the legs or skirting] & paint the tops the black that you want...I'd definitely go glossy on the black paint so that it is in sink with the glossy of the skirt & legs of the table. I really hate to see such a fine wood table as these are, 'painted,' I really connect with the Queen Anne look of cherry/mahogany wood & stains.

• Caseyem11 Caseyem11 on May 29, 2017
    I agree with C.B.. I recommend that you add a product called floetrol to the paint. It helps thevpaint remain smooth and eliminates brush marks.