How to resurface a laminated counter top.

+1
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 29, 2017
    You can use Rustoleum or Giani countertop restoration kits

• Gail Gail on Dec 29, 2017
    After researching this issue, I used a product from Daichcoatings.com, which has stone in the mix. I am happy with the results. I chose to put on 3 coatings instead of 2 of both the top cover and the sealant. Other options are to use an enamel paint, such as Rustoleum. Your local home improvement center carries different types. Go to youtube.com for instructions and ideas.

• Vicki Vicki on Feb 13, 2018
    My mom was thinking about replacing her countertops, but wasn't sure what she wanted to purchase. She absolutely hated the dated countertops that she had (if you remember the old white with flecks of gold, from way back when) and wanted to do something. I had seen marbling on Christopher Lowell's design show. So I took 3 different colors of craft paint, after cleaning the cabinets and priming them (use a good primer that allows paint to stick). I followed the marbling technique and then, I allowed it to dry for 48 hours to be safe and put a few coats of a non-yellowing polyurethane over top. She just treated it as if it were a formica or laminate countertop. It lasted forever and looked really pretty too.