My brand new sectional couch pullout has all the springs coming though

+7

my new sectional has all the springs coming three the padding and it has rendiured my pullout part useless and that is the fun and only reason really we bought it. The store will do nothing and it’s a large part that comes out as a flat piece that would make it nearly a king size bed The idea is grand but I’m in a mess. So all I can think off is tear it off the material and springs lay down a board and put padding over top. All in agreement say get at it. But really I’m sure I’m not the only sap that this has happened to and in such a short rip off of a period of time. Frustrated couch owner

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Jun 30, 2018
    Start by calling the better business bureau, and complain about this problem. Also someone from consumer advocates. If I knew what state you live in I can better help you. Please send the email to me.

• Matt Brown Matt Brown on Jun 30, 2018
      I live in Ontario Canada and I got the sectional at Leon’s. They sent out a repair man and he literally looked at it and said best bet is to buy up some wood and lay it flat with cushion next to that I don’t fix these. And that was that . It’s sickening and I’m going to try and send a pic. It does not look like much but trust me they are sprung all the way up and it is not even tolerable for A min

• Ft.29298732 Ft.29298732 on Jun 30, 2018
    Call the Better Business Bureau first. I had a vintage couch with a bad spring but I did learn that they are tied at three or four points with very strong, thin rope of some kind. I tossed the free antique alley find but yours is new so that matters. BBB are very educated on consumer affairs among other things. Good luck.🐸

• Laura Cooper Laura Cooper on Jun 30, 2018
    Matt, have you tried contacting the manufacturer instead of the store? You might have better success. Otherwise, a sofa has a cover material on the bottom that can be gently pulled off. This will give you access to the underside of the springs where you can tie them (it sounds like they have come untied). You can work on it without ruining the surface fabric. The bottom cover can be stapled back up when you finish your modifications.

• Macysmom Macysmom on Jun 30, 2018

You need to deal with your seller. They should make this good.

• Ken Ken on Jun 30, 2018
    It is unfortunate when manufacturers and retailers sell inferior merchandise and refuse to stand behind it. Happens a lot. The legal system offers some recourse but, in my experience, it is seldom worth the expense, time and effort. Still, this is why the legal system exists and if you want to take on the retailer to keep this from happening to someone else it may come out well for you, especially if the seller settles rather than going to court.

As for rebuilding the furniture at your expense, it is certainly an option and may be the best choice in the long run.

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jun 30, 2018
    Hi Matt,
    It is a construction problem the store cannot handle, get a hold of the manufacturer and don't let up. You paid good money for this and have gotten shoddy workmanship. Document, document, document! Last resort is take them to court and be prepared.

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Jun 30, 2018
    No need to send a picture. Start by calling the store Leon's, and telling them since it can't be fixed, you would expect a new sectional. Speak to the store manager, and get his name. If they refuse, tell them you'll have to call Consumer Protection, and Corporate Consumers Contacts. Next, keep a log on the date, time, persons name, and a brief note what was said. You'll have to find out the number of Consumer Protection, and Corporate Consumer Contact. Sorry, but my book for these numbers, are for the United States. Don't be afraid to be aggressive, the sqeeky wheel gets the oil. Try to find these numbers, and contact them. Also get the number of their Corporate Office. If they don't have one, they may give you an address, and a phone number. Ask the manager at Leon's you want it. If they refuse, then say your calling the Better business bureau. Let me know your progress. If you write the Consumer Protection write the date, the full address, on the letter. Try to make it brief. State what happen since you got your sectional, the guy coming out, saying he don't fix these, and he suggested boards, etc. Make a copy of the letter, and include your phone number and your cell phone. Let me know.

• Ellis Ellis on Jul 01, 2018
    Have you tried writing to the President of Leon's, and also including a picture and the story of the repairman's visit? The sooner you do this, the better. Tell them you'll be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. Did you pay by credit card? If it's still within the window when you can complain, and withhold payment, do so.

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Jul 01, 2018
    Dear Matt I wrote you a step by step plan what to do. My answer didn't take. I'll see if I can remember what I wrote. Call the store, ask for a manager, get his name and tell him since it can't be fixed, you expect a new sectional. If he denies your request, let him know your going to take it up with the Better Business Bureau. Also mention Corporate Consumer Contacts. Next, contact the BBB and send a letter explaining what happened. BBB their address,town,etc. Put a date on the letter, and let them know what the guy who came out and said "I don't fix these, you'll need some boards" etc. Sign the letter, put your complete address, and phone number. I can't help you, my contacts are for the United States only. Call your local library, ask for the reference desk, they will find these places for you. Keep a log what date, time, and who you spoke to, and what they said, just briefly. Make a copy of everything you send out for mailing. If you have any questions let me know. When did you buy this sectional ? Make a log for yourself, date, time, who you spoke to, and briefly what they said. Do you have the sales receipt ?