How to restore dining room table?

My dining room table has a formica top. There are chips and gouges in it. What could I do to restore the top of my table?

• Dfm Dfm on Jun 14, 2018
    if you are willy to do a bit of persnickety fiddling...you can get laminated sheets not connected to a counter top. its a thinner layer and you use rubber cement to attach it to the table top.

• Rosy Rosy on Jun 14, 2018
    You can lightly sand formica. Fill in the chip's and gouges with an all purpose bondo available at home depot in the paint department. Then sand, clean very well adhering primer and a paint for plastics.

• 27524803 27524803 on Jun 14, 2018
    Formica comes in sheets as well as pre-made counter tops... use a Bondo or filler to level out the table top... apply the contact adhesive suggested by the product you choose to use... and make the table look like new again.... Youtube should have a video tutorial on how to do it.