Repair Lloyd Loom half circle laundry basket

How do I repair a Lloyd Loom half circle laundry basket thats looing its base?
q repair lloyd loom half circle laundry basket
  • Michelle Jones Michelle Jones on Jan 05, 2018
    What the above basket repair does not tell you is that it is easier to work with wicker strands if you first soak them in warm water for about 20 minutes. Then they are malleable and easier to weave. Looking at your basket, I notice it seems to have a wooden rim and that the longitudinal pieces may actually be pulled through drilled holes on that rim. If that is the case, there is not much room for weaving. It also looks like you are missing at least four, possibly five runs across the top. Your existing wicker is going to be brittle especially if it has had a stain put over top. Try wetting the loose piece and see if you can weave it in. That may be all you can do. If the long pieces are not nailed or pulled through the rim, you may be able to slide new pieces of wicker under and over them as you weave. If they are nailed or pulled to the other side, you may have a problem. Go to YouTube and see what they have in the way of videos.

• See 1 previous
    • Lola Lola on May 26, 2020

Thanks for advice, I've encountered the same problem, I was up to buy a new one, however it helped me a lot. To tell you the truth, I was willing to buy a new Collapsible Laundry Basket owing to this article describing the best baskets in detail. I appreciated that there are explained the most useful features. I haven't known that in collapsible laundry basket(without holes) you may hand wash clothes. Great article which helps to choose the best collapsible basket.

• Me Me on Jan 07, 2018
    Thank you for your advice. This was the most helpful answer. Happy new year