Repairing scratched wooden tables

+3
I read a few days ago somebody put repairing scratched wooden tables and I am sure it was oil and something else but can't find the post can anybody help please

• DesertRose DesertRose on Dec 13, 2017
    My preference is Old English furniture polish. You can find it with other polish in the store, but it also puts the color and polish in the scratch so it does not show. If it is a deep scratch, there are crayon type pencils to fill in the deep gouges and then use the Old ENglish over it. It comes in dark or light depending on your wood type and it also cleans the wood. I use it 2 times a year to thoroughly clean all my wooden tables, mantle, chairs etc. It is wonderful. An old farm lady pointed it out to me she had used it for years too.

• Was it any of these?
    https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=how%20to%20fix%20scratched%20wood

• Gale Allen Jenness Gale Allen Jenness on Dec 13, 2017
    I mentioned some oil finishes the other day regarding Watco oils that come in different colors and clear or natural oil! This is a much heavier oil then old English and will build up a finish much faster. It take many coats of old English to even compare to one coat of Watco finish oil! They also have a floor oil if you can find it that’s even thicker as well as a exterior oil for outside use or anywhere that may get wet much!

• Rembatb Rembatb on Dec 13, 2017
    You can use wax crayons, wood filler crayons, or Liquid Gold.

• Karen Tokarse Karen Tokarse on Dec 14, 2017
    The BEST wood filler is from www.fastcap.com with a product called the SoftWax kit. You pick the color that best matches the wood, rub it on the scratch, then buff it out.