Shakes vanity-What can I use to secure it back to the wall?

+2
The vanity in our small guest bathroom is coming away from the wall and cause it to shake when lean on it. What can I use to secure it back to the wall?

• you probably need to go inside the cabinet and screw the back into a stud.

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Dec 11, 2017
    Hi there, every vanity I've had was screwed directly in the wall through the back of the vanity. I would open up the doors and have a look at the back wall behind it to determine where the pipes are and where the studs are, so you can secure the vanity to the wall without fear of screwing into water or drain pipes.

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 11, 2017
    Empty out the bottom of the cabinet, get a flashlight and take a look at the bolts. If possible rescrew them in and then re-caulk around the cabinet. If the screws are totally stripped, I would put them either directly above or below the old ones so they get into the same stud. Pre-drill the hole with a smaller bit and then drill in the screws.

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Dec 12, 2017
    Find the studs and attach with a screw, no stud, use a Mollie bolts. It's a screw with wings. When you screw it in the wings open up behind the wall, and will secure the vanity.