What is the best product to repair/ replace wood furniture?

I'm curious to see what people prefer to use to repair gouges, holes, and missing sections in furniture and why that is their preference. I'm asking because I sort of hate working with wood putty and would like to know if anyone has a better alternative or technique
  4 answers
  • Shelia Shelia on Jun 17, 2017
    Hi Rae,

    MH Ready Patch
     As of late, this has become my go to filler to patch wood. It doesn’t work for structural patches like an epoxy, but it does almost everything else. It dries fast, 30-45 mins before it’s ready to sand.
    It is an oil-based product but it cleans up with soap and water. It is used to fill holes up to a dime in size, smooth out alligatoring paint, surface checks, fill surface gouges or almost anything else I may need. I really can’t extol the virtues and uses of MH Ready Patch enough. Its only weakness is when you try to fill large areas.

    Hope this helps.

  • DZW DZW on Jun 18, 2017
    I'm with you, I don't like wood filler. I use bondo.

    Here's an article to help you weigh the two:

    Good Luck on your projects!!!

  • V Smith V Smith on Jun 18, 2017
    Diddo on the Bondo.

  • Rae Rae on Jun 22, 2017
    Thank you for your responses!