Flooding bliving room?


I live in a trailer and it's missing half of the roof

  13 answers
  • Get a tarp to put over it until you can get someone to replace the roof.

  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jul 25, 2021

    The trailer will take on more and more weather, insects, and possibly animals that can get in. The walls are also getting wet and mold can grow. Plus if there is electricity in the trailer there is danger of a fire. Even with the roof covered, it is unsafe, see if you can find someplace to stay until the repairs are made.

    In the meantime, a tarp will help.

  • Cheryl A Cheryl A on Jul 25, 2021

    you need to tarp the roof or put up boards until it can be repaired and it is not safe to stay in either

  • Dee Dee on Jul 25, 2021

    You need to hire someone to repair your roof. You cannot live safely in a trailer without half your room. Everything will begin to rot and deteriorate. I agree with Redcatce very unsafe.

  • William William on Jul 25, 2021

    Screw/nail some plywood up and cover with a tarp until you can get the roof repaired.

  • Maura White Maura White on Jul 25, 2021

    You would need a tarp as a temporary fix. But you can't live without half of a roof or the rest of the trailer will get water damage and it's not a safe shelter to live in.

  • Janice Janice on Jul 25, 2021

    You must take action i mmediately to get some type of roof covering on the trailer. It is unsafe because water and electrical wiring DO NOT mix! You may be able to get materials from a Habitat for Humanity store. Fiberglass roofing panels or metal or wood ones may be available there.

  • Betsy Betsy on Jul 25, 2021

    Hi Amayadelisa5: I agree, you will need professional help with this. You may be able to contact your city to see if they have low cost loans (some do) for emergency (and this is) home repair. If you have insurance, they should pay for it. But, you do need to get it fixed ASAP, and put something over the hole to cover the roof completely to keep wind, rain, dust, critters, etc., out. And, if your area is humid, you could be in for some mold, too.

    Good luck

  • Cynthia H Cynthia H on Jul 26, 2021

    Hi! Do you own it? Request assistance from your homeowner's insurance immediately. The Red Cross may be able to assist you with safe temporary housing whether you own or rent. If you are a renter and you don't have insurance, your landlord needs to make emergency repairs. Was it a result of a tornado or other natural disaster? FEMA and the Red Cross should be nearby. I am so sorry this to you. Stay safe.

  • Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Jul 26, 2021

    Put a tarp over the whole roof and bunny it down

  • Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jul 27, 2021

    You can put regular metal roofing over it. Best bet is to pick up at a metal roofing company directly.

  • Tegma Tegma on Jul 27, 2021

    Where do you live? Is there an organization in your town which helps people like you? What about a church, or a City Mission or something like that. You need help!