How to repair leaking corner gutters

+3
how to repair leaking corner gutters

• Jeanette S Jeanette S on Dec 04, 2017
    Keep in mind that gutters have to be level for the rain to get into them properly. As a friend who is handy to take a look at it and see if they can give you some direction.

And gutters have to connect properly. Fixing them is not impossible, but you have to know do some investigating to learn how...google this and do some reading up on it.

• Net20792968 Net20792968 on Dec 04, 2017
    id use one of the Gorilla glues, they r wonderful!

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Dec 04, 2017
    We used a rubber roof sealer for one that was leasing at the seams.

• Deanna Nassar Deanna Nassar on Dec 04, 2017
    If it's a bad joint or rusting out; try some flex-seal. You just paint it on or comes in spray too. Just apply a couple of thin coats and let dry. If the gutters are badly worn and rusting badly, it's time to replace.

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 04, 2017
    First I would tap the round brackets that hold the gutter to the roof soffit with a hammer, sometimes they work loose over time. Then if the water is leaking behind the gutter, I would put a bead of caulk along the roof line to prevent this.
    If the seam is corroding, you can get some rubber caulking at a hardware store like True Value in the roofing/gutter section to caulk over the seam inside and below. I first used steel wool to remove all rust, repainted it with Rustoleum paint and then re-caulked the two 45 degree seams.

• Dena Roberts Dena Roberts on Dec 04, 2017
    Try spraying the inside of the gutters with a product called "Leak Stop". Worked for me! Purchased it at Canadian Tire...Home Depot and Wal-mart carry it. Comes in a spray can.