How would you repair a cracked cement porch on an older home?

The house was built in 1871. Cement has cracks and in the last two years have gotten much larger. I don't think the cement can be removed as the enclosed porch is on part of it.
  4 answers
  • Lois fitzgerald Lois fitzgerald on Jun 14, 2017
    This is a project that needs a professional . You may have a bigger problem like settling. YES even after 146 years.

  • Karen Karen on Jun 14, 2017
    You could try filling the cracks with a sealant.

  • Sue Sue on Jun 15, 2017
    Hi Jen. I had the same problem with my 1922 home. I had a crack from my front door and down the 1st step. I used Quikrete Crack Seal. This is a pourable product that comes in a 1qt bottle with a tip for pouring. It will seal cracks up to 1/2in wide. If the crack is deeper than 1/4in you will have to fill it with some fine sand up to the 1/4 in depth before using it I was surprised how easy it was. I did it 2yrs ago and so far it's holding up great

  • Sue Sue on Jun 15, 2017
    Sorry Jen. I forgot to tell you, you can get the pourable Quikrete at Home Depot and probably Lowes . I really believe you will have an easy time and good results with this.