How hard is it to install an entire toilet?

+2
I want to purchase a new toilet from the local home improvement store. I am a woman with limited strength. Do I need someone to help me lift, etc?

• Itsmemic Itsmemic on Dec 10, 2017
    I too wanted to tackle this project myself. Decided not to. Not worth the risk of dropping and breaking...or killing out backs ! Try to find a person to help you. It's safer and will be done correctly.

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 10, 2017
    Most of the home improvement stores offer installation services.

• Joanne lueke Joanne lueke on Dec 10, 2017

Get help, preferably someone who has done this before. Google how to replace a toilet and watch any online videos you can. The hardest part is getting the toilet seated on the wax ring and bolts which hold the toilet down and you will definitely need help. If you get that part wrong you will have a flood and will have to start all over again. Good luck!

• Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Dec 10, 2017
    re most Home Improvement centers can/will recommend someone in the trade to help you; Plumbing centers that sell toilets, etc., usually include the price of installation with the product ...

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Dec 10, 2017
    Toilet installations can be heavy and complicated. You will need assistance on this one. Check at the store as sometimes they can recommend someone to assist you.