I have a leaky bothroom faucet. How do I fix it?

+1
  • Oliva Oliva on Jun 27, 2018
    Check the manufacturer's website, or You Tube. Some companies will send you replacement parts for free.

• Betsy Betsy on Jun 27, 2018
    Hi Oliva: You may just need to replace the washer. Not hard. Turn off the water to that particular tap and leave the tap open and let the water run out. When it stops, close drain cap so that nothing falls into the drain. Put a washcloth over it just to be sure. Get another wash cloth, open it up and put it near where you are working. Then you can unscrew the cap, or pry it up, which ever kind you have, remove the cap, put it on the cloth in the upper left hand side. Remove the spring, put it near the cap on the right side of it, and every thing you remove goes in a line to the right of everything else so you know how to put it back together when you replace the new washer. Look at the washer when you take it out so you know which side is up. Now, take the old washer to the hardware store, show it to an employee, who will give you a replacement washer, take it home and put everything back together. Since everything is in a row, you will know how it goes back together. Turn the water back on and you should be good to go. One thing I do is to put about 3 or 4 squares of toilet paper around the tap and leave it over night. If there is a leak, the paper will be all crinkled up. No crinkle, no leak:) Here is a site I found that may help: https://www.google.com/search?q=replacing+a+washer&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-ab Good luck, you can do this!

• Dfm Dfm on Jun 27, 2018
    It may need a new washer. Shut off the water to the sink. It’s been a few years since I’ve fixed one. This old home, instructables, wiki how should have the blow by blow instructions On the how to.

• Dfm Dfm on Jun 27, 2018
    ps have a friend help you.you do, they read the instructions to you.