My outdoor water spigot continues to spurt out a good deal of water!!

+1

my hose spigot leaks terribly when using it. Can I replace it myself and how can I keep it from happening again?

• Bijous Bijous on Jul 08, 2018

Hi C, is the spigot itself leaking or is it the connection between the spigot and the hose? If it's the hose connection, put a new rubber washer inside the hose connection (you can buy them at any hardware store). If it's the spigot, can you replace it? Yes. Do you have the tools? If not, go to a plumbing supply store (the one the plumbers go to to get their supplies) and ask about replacing a spigot, the tools you need and what's involved. It's not that hard to do, but there's some strength involved getting the original one off. I know what to do, but can't do this project myself. I hired a plumber to do mine. Surprisingly, my water bill also went down). Well worth the cost of the plumber. Good luck.

• Rymea Rymea on Jul 08, 2018
    There is a nut under the faucet. Try tightening it

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Jul 08, 2018
    Dear C, Start with checking the connection from the facuet to the hose. If it's leaking there, you might need a washer or a gasket. You can buy this in a hardware store. Next check the hose at the connection, to make sure it's on right and tight. Then see if your hose doesn't have a leak.

• Kby23260429 Kby23260429 on Jul 08, 2018
    Mine had a bad washer, so it was a simple fix. Start there