Rental has well water, causing shower and sink to yellow?/?

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 14, 2017
    The well water probably has a lot of iron in it.... or pipes are iron pipe that is rusting.... If you are the renter... call the landlord's attention to the yellowing (so you are not held responsible for the discoloring) and then don't worry about it....
    If you are the landlord.. determine if it is the water or the pipes
    a filter should fix the water... the pipes are a whole different kettle of fish... the pipes would have to be replaced.. how soon is up to you... .as eventually they will rust through.

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Dec 14, 2017
    Hi there, yeah it means you have iron in the water and it's pretty much a big pain in the butt. If its an option a water softener would really help take the iron out but, other then that, they make a very hard core product called iron-away that will take it off of your tub etc.

• Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom on Dec 14, 2017
    We have well water with very high iron as well. We have a water softener and an extra iron curtain to pull out the iron, but I still can get the orangey streaks on my white tub though it takes a lot longer for them to show up. You can clean it up with a product Whink rust stain remover. But read the directions first, I believe it is only suggested to use on white tubs and sinks. I have also gotten the stains off by using a magic eraser.