Restore oil rubbed bronze finish on sink drain?

by Susan

Is it possible to restore the oil rubbed bronze finish on my farmhouse sink drain, or to some semblance, while it is in place?

  3 answers
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jul 28, 2018

    If you can tape off around the drain really well, you could sand it a little so that paint will stick. Rustoleum has metallic finish paint, check them out and see if it will be a match to what you want. The associates at the store should be able to help you with everything you need to get the finish you want.

  • William William on Jul 29, 2018

    Paint will not hold up to water contact. Best to replace it.

  • Susan Susan on Jul 29, 2018

    Replacing it is best but a short term fix is to clean it really well and let it dry completely. Then use ebony Rub and Buff and apply it with a cotton swab, avoiding the sink itself. Rub and Buff is a wax metallic finish paint that will hold up for several weeks between applications. I apply it, let it dry, and then lightly buff it smooth. Do NOT let water get on it while it is drying. Got the stuff on amazon.