How do I unclog kitchen drains?

+1
  • Dfm Dfm on Oct 24, 2019

the clog may be in the "P" trap, but try baking soda and vinegar first. you need to putt a lid over the drain so all goes down the pipe, if not successful you may need a plumber.

• Country girl Country girl on Oct 24, 2019

Home Girl. Try the product CLR , but cover the drain in both sinks

• Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on Oct 24, 2019

I would buy a bottle of septic tank enzymes and pour it down there before bed.

If you want to snake it first, they make little plastic snake “strips” for 99¢. They’re only 18” long.

A “keeper” snake is stainless steel, 6’ long and chucks into a cordless drill. A worthy investment, as works in shower, tub & toilet too.

If the P-trap shows a lot of age (rust), then P-traps in kitchen sinks are really easy to get to.

If you decide to take it apart, be prepared for nasty 🤢 sludge, smells & water going farther than expected.

I would take everything out of the cabinet, make a parts list (look for rust or water stains), buy the parts, a big plastic dishpan, a heavy plastic drop cloth and have the proper wrenches.

Teflon tape & washers should be added to the shopping list.